I wanted to tell you about how amazing avocados are but if you haven’t been living under a rock your entire life you already know. So Imma cut to the chase and tell you why we’re really here, and although this post is titled Avocado Toast + Out of this World Guacamole, implying that the guac is the supporting actor in this delicious movie it’s really the star. It’s all about the guac. (Despite what the following pictures might say.)
I didn’t even intend on making this guac, I just had leftover avo from my toast (which explains the subjects of all these photographs) but my oh my soul, was it not the best guac I’ve ever had.
And yes, my guacamole is the best in the world. Because who else puts pineapple in theirs!? (And before all those anti pineapple on pizza people start rioting, eat my guac first then come back to me with your little essay on how fruit can’t be savoury. Thank you.) Who else specifically uses cherry tomatoes instead of ordinary ones because they’re sweeter and juicier? Who else takes the time to deseed all those cherry toms to prevent dilution of the guac flavour with all that extra juice and to ensure the perfect guac texture without all those little seeds killing your vibe? Who else!?
If you’ve never had guac before, honestly… I don’t even know what to do with you at this point. Like… what are you doing with your life? Do you perhaps live in an isolated wasteland? Or do you just not enjoy living your best life? Whatever the case is, allow me to improve your standard of living and quality of life by introducing you to avocado in it’s greatest form.
The Ultimate Guacamole
- 3 large avocados or 5 small ones
- 1/2 a small red onion
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 3 thin slices of pineapple (optional but greatly encouraged)
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice
- halve the avocados and scoop them into a bowl. Mash them to the consistency you like. If want smooth make it smooth if you like some chunks make it chunky.
- Finely dice the onion, pineapple, and chilli if using and throw it in the bowl of mashed avo. Quater the cherry tomatoes and remove and discard the seeds. Finely dice them and add it to the bowl. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper, lemon juice, and Tabasco.
- Serve as a dip for chips or veggies. Or slap it on your toast, nachos, burrito, sandwich, you name it. Or just eat it straight from the bowl. I won’t judge, we’ve all been there.
Makes enough for a party-sized dip
If you’re still wondering about avocado toast cause you see all these pictures then here’s the simplest way to make it for that perfect I’ve-got-my-shit-together breakfast feeling. Spread some avocado on your favourite toasted bread and season with a crack of black pepper, a pinch of salt, a squeeze of lemon, and a dash of Tabasco.
Take it up a notch with slices of tomato, sauteed mushrooms and a poached or fried egg if that’s how you like to roll. Get crazy and fry some bacon to go along with it if you please.
As always, enjoy.
One Comment Add yours
You’re awesome, btw!